We have had this amazingly healthy dish submitted from a fabulous viewer. Amazing work Samantha Beasley for this superb dish.
Chocolate meets hot cross bun Easter skillet! 🍫🐰Trying to get in the easter spirit, but also showing that it is perfectly acceptable to eat chocolate for breakfast any day of the week 😜 Who else agrees? ⠀
– ½ cup oats⠀
– ½ – ¾ scoop @macr0mike hot cross bun protein ⠀
– ¾ @almondbreezeaus milk⠀
– 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch of mixed spice, pinch of nutmeg⠀
– Small handful sultanas and @noshufoods chocolate chips⠀
– ½ banana⠀
– 1 TBS @mayversfood peanut butter⠀
– 1 tsp baking powder⠀
Method : ⠀
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and lightly grease a small cast iron skillet with oil⠀
2. Mash the banana with a fork in a small bowl and mix in all the remaining ingredients, pour the mixture into your skillet⠀
3. To make the chocolate cross I simply mixed a few TBS of water with a few TBS of flour and cocao powder (it should be a nice thick and glossy consistency)⠀
4. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until fully cooked through⠀
5. Top with melted @nuttvia chocolate hazelnut spread, @blissfitfoods lemon sesame raw bar, extra sultanas, homemade Easter eggs, cinnamon and banana! 🐰🐰
Looking to have your dish featured at Thomas Corner, drop us a line and let us know?
What is your favourite modern Australian dish?